Monday, September 30, 2013

Literacy Partner Program Update


My action research is well on its way to completion. The goal is to determine the effectiveness of the literacy partner program and how it effects DRA scores. My work has gone through many different phases as outlined in my plan. The initial phases of preparing quickly turned into an Implementation phase. Everyone involved fulfilled his or her obligation(s) creating a successful implementation. I am right on schedule with the timeline I have laid out to complete the project. Now, I await the critical pieces of data, both quantitative and qualitative. Once the data has been gathered, I will be able to determine how well this program helps close the achievement gap. The goal of my action research plan fits in line with our district goal of closing the achievement gap by insuring every student reads on grade level by third grade. At this time I am unable to evaluate the effectiveness of this initiative or its effects on DRA scores. By the end of the month, I will be able to draw conclusions and evaluate the effectiveness. If this is a close the gap strategy, then we will continue to operate and utilize this program in our school, just as we did last year. If we find that it does not impact learning, then we will determine what worked well and what did not work well as a committee. From there we will reevaluate and make further recommendations to strength this partnership at our school.

No comments:

Post a Comment